Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Band My Music


I really miss my band all in th sudden..I wish to bring real music to them..as what I observed, music to them is all about sound..yes it is..somehow they dont really understand what is music..Music isnt sound..most people agree that music is all about sound produced by musical instrument..sound is a part of Music..To me, music is all about these elements - sound, interpretation of sound, rhythm structure, melody, harmony and all the beauty scenes of sound..its an art that we can see through our eyes..but we can 'see' trough our eyes..i didnt use the word 'hear' bcos everybody can hear music but not all can see the painting of sound..

Today I was thinking about the reasins why I prefer classical music......(blur).......did i spell it reasins? OMG..its reasons actually..hurm..why not jazz? Rock? Anything modern? The way I treat both - modern & classical is different..Im listening to modern genre but hardly for me to fall in love to 'em..I prefer classical because Im not listening to classical but I look trough the sound to see the beauty..what can I see?

Whenever I listen to classical music, I always imagine the colour of the sound that fly over my head (I always feel that..)..enjoying the different colour when an instrument is blend into another..most favourite? I like when an oboe is playing unison with the string..the colour is more expressive..and cute sound when picc/flute blend together with the clarinet and oboe..the phrasing of the melody is another difficulty in the sound art..its not easy to build a strong-beautiful phrasing that can attach to the listener..same part might be played with diff phrasing creating diff feeling and sensitivity. The textures, can be thin or thick, heavy or lighter..so many thing can be seen in just a movement of a symphony..isnt that beautiful? A piece can bring us into another world..how it captures, and releases..that an exotic feeling..haha..some people say that orchestra is a time machine..haha..is it? Its not logical..but I shall agree with that..yala, orchestra can bring us back to the baroque era whenever they play baroque piece..even to romantic era when they play Schumann or Tchaikovsky..haha..

I like the environment and the culture of people in the classical era (i mean, baroque, romantic as well)..so the time machine can really bring me to that particular time by giving me the exact feeling of the people in that era..it reflexs their culture, ways of thinking and even the environment..it is more like a story/movie which we can see the people - a girl in classic dresses, and the environment - like all the rumah lama, its so exciting..tihihi..

What about modern genres? I do enjoy them..they are usefull to relax my mind..listen to classical a whole day can drive me crazy..yala, playing with all emotion in a whole day..macam orang gila..kejap happy, kejap sedih, kejap marah..uh! To me, modern can neutralize (did I spell it right?) my emotion..it just that I didnt really see the beauty in the timbre..but it is enjoyable..

Actually I wanna talk bout my band..I miss the band..but my mind is cramped! No idea to write bout it..I wish that I can really giving the members some inputs about music because most Malay tend to think that music is something that you can strim with your friend near the road (loafing with pitchy guitars)!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and I was the one who left. Honestly, I shouldn't have to be in the band in the first place.coz I realise that I was never meant to be there. if I had not enter it in the first place, I wouldn't leave it like what I did, and people won't talk at my back like they did.anyhow,it all happened.but at least,I have a collection of friends from there.

Iwan

Iwan